|Level: Team Member||Accountable To: Minister of Music|
Capacity Church is a diverse place of worship. Established in 2009 we are a growing ministry with a mission to help people discover the possibilities of faith-filled life. Our vision is to be A Place of Possibilities, where we love God, love people, live by faith, and change the world. We are a biblically sound church, focusing on the development of the believer through teaching. Our worship style varies from traditional songs and hymns to contemporary songs and CCM. Our main campus is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Capacity Church is seeking a God loving, highly energized, committed, and fluid bassist to join our Worship and Arts team. The ideal candidate should be proficient in playing the bass guitar in addition to knowing traditional and contemporary styles of worship. The Bassist will work with our Minister of Music to plan highly creative and energized worship services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Learn and rehearse songs provided by the Minister of Music
- Participate in scheduled and special rehearsals for regular worship services and larger scale events.
- Promote concerts, choir tours, mission trips, retreats, festivals, workshops, clinics, and other special programs to enhance the music ministry.
- Assist in the selection and provision of appropriate music for weddings, funerals, special projects, and other church-related activities.
- Maintain a consistent program of self-improvement
- Play contemporary and traditional styles of worship music
- Bring added value to the worship services through engagement and enthusiasm.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A passionate love for the Lord, people, and a desire to serve in local church-wide ministry
- Ability to play by ear and use sheet music
- Must have a heart for the ministry and vision of Capacity Church
- Must demonstrate an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer, Bible study, and worship attendance.
- Must be a member of Capacity Church who supports the vision and core values as well as contributes time and tithe to the ministry.
- Engage in the life of Capacity Church by supporting overall ministry initiatives and objectives.
- Embody the cultural values of Capacity Church and biblical Christian character.
- Must be trustworthy and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage workload while completing it in excellence.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Sound biblical theology consistent with the views of Capacity Church
- Ability to play with click tracks and stems
- Maintain a lifestyle of worship, prayer, and praise.
- Passion for worship and arts.